1. Renowned golf course maintained in top condition all season. Donald Ross, internationally respected architect, designed Essex and it remains very true to its original design. In fact, Essex is one of the very few Donald Ross designs in Canada and has proudly hosted the Canadian Open, the LPGA duMaurier Classic and the Canadian Senior professional championship. Our commitment to the highest maintenance and drainage standards means very little downtime no matter how rainy the season.
2. Family-friendly. Essex offers a family-friendly environment and family membership options. Special Intermediate rates for younger members up to 36 years of age offer great value compared to other private facilities in the Windsor area.
3. Full practice range. Unlike other private clubs in the area, Essex has a full practice range where you can hit every club; two practice putting greens and a complete short game practice area. Essex also features an indoor Winter Golf Academy where you can hone your swing in the off season.
4. Junior golf programs. Children learn the game in a fun and relaxed environment. Ask about our "Snag", "Cyclone" and "Smash" programs, all designed to help kids enjoy the game while developing their skills. Our advanced Junior Golf program has enabled many Juniors to obtain scholarships at U.S. Universities.
5. Outdoor pool & lessons. Kids can learn to swim at Essex too. Our pool offers a fun, relaxed and safe environment for all ages. A "Splash Pad" will be added in 2012!
6. Exquisite cuisine. Casual dining. Chef John Kukucka was recently inducted into the Honor Society of the American Culinary Federation and is highly regarded among his peers. John and his culinary team provide a broad spectrum of menu items from simple and casual to formal and refined. Essex has great food!
7. Professional management team. Essex has a highly regarded management team. Superintendent Chris Andrejicka has achieved the highest professional designation available to golf course superintendents. Clubhouse Manager Tal Czudner is a true professional and well known in the Windsor area. Director of Golf, Alex McIntyre is a great teacher and club fitter and will match prices for equipment with other golf outlets in the area. This offers great value to our members.
8. Perfect ambiance. Essex has a variety of wonderful atmospheres within its traditional clubhouse for dining or special events. Our patio offers a beautiful setting for drinks or outdoor dining and the gardens at Essex are amazing!
9. Social memberships. Social memberships are also available for individuals who do not golf but want to enjoy all of the other amenities of the Club.
10. Warm welcome. Essex is a friendly and fun venue with an engaged, active and welcoming membership and a courteous and professional team of employees dedicated to outstanding member service.